After more than 30 years of working in media and the audiovisual industry I founded a company of my own, to offer my services to professionals and policy makers in this wonderful business of art. Here is the back story:
From journalism to publishing
- MA in Communication Studies from University of Helsinki, minors in sociology, development studies and statistics.
- Background in current affairs and culture journalism at Helsingin Sanomat, Finland’s largest newspaper, publishing (Hard & Pet) and curation of anthologies and exhibitions of young comics artists (Sarjakuvastin) between 1988-1995. Author of a book on international masters of comics, Sarjakuva, rakastettuni.
To television and film
- Began film and television career at YLE Finnish Broadcasting Company in 1995, as a scriptwriter of educational series, acquisition executive and later head of youth department, producer of drama for youth and young adults, commissioning editor of science and educational programming.
- Served later at The Finnish Film Foundation (2005-2013) in various roles including production consultant, head of international affairs and development and head of production.
With an international focus
- The Finnish representative of Eurimages’ Board of Management (2006-2013).
- CEO of the Oslo-based pan-Nordic funding body Nordisk Film & TV Fond from 2013 until November 2019 – in charge of all funding decisions and relations with the Fund’s 22 financing partners.
- Founder of P1 Kemppinen in 2020.
- Member of the Board at the Swedish Film Institute from November 2019.
- Member of the Board at the European Women’s Audiovisual Network from 2020.
- My proficient working languages are English, Finnish and Swedish. In addition, I do read and speak Norwegian, German and French at an independent/basic level.
More about me
The photo at the top of the page by Saara Tuusa